Friday, January 24, 2014

Start this up again, beginning to forget both authors and titles and am useless in conversation.

Well, some things I have read and enjoyed (or not) over the last few months:
Jonathan Dee, A Thousand Pardons; Jami Attenburg, The Middlesteins; Emma Donogue, Astray; George Saunders, Tenth of December; Julia Stuart, The Tower, The Zoo, and The Tortoise [yuck, sentimental and awkward, although occasionally funny]; Terry Pratchett, Unseen Acedemicals, Going Postal, and Making Money [these last two very good]; Macbeth; Michael Crumney, Galore; Twelfth Night; Dorothy Parker, Complete Stories [read these ONE at a time if you don't want to drown yourself in your morning coffee]; Charlotte Bronte, Wuthering Heights [I liked this more than I did when I was twelve, although I still think every character should have been drowned at birth]; All of the Adventure Time comics;  David Rakoff, Love,Dishonour, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish; Allie Brosh, Hyperbole and a Half; China Meiville, Railsea [not my favorite Meiville]; All of Dorothy Sayers Lord Peter books [necessary therapy]; DFW, Oblivion; Robert Charles Wilson, Spin; Haruki Murakami, After Dark and IQ84; Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo [more hilarious than I remembered]; Donna Tartt, The Goldfinch; Nick Harkaway, The Gone Away World [enjoyed very much, no one agrees with me, dammit].

No comments: