Thursday, May 25, 2006

final verdict on birds without wings: much better than captain corelli's mandolin. I really enjoyed the backround on the greek/turkish/ottoman/armenian/kurdish conflicts. I'd never read much on that aspect of WWI before, except a bit on the balkans. Makes me want to pull out a history book. Definitely want to learn more about the ottoman empire. So, although the people were definitely similar, the setting was interesting enough to make it worthwhile.
trying to study for the mcat while watching 3-4 little boys is frazzling me. I have a newfound respect for my mother. i find it difficult to finish ANY task
oh yeah- i'm double posting here and on my xanga blog because I'm experimenting here http://www.xanga.com/gwendyphx but I'm eventually going to delete that one

No comments: